Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Report
A Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Report provides 3rd party evaluation of building products that may contribute to certification by a green building rating system, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®).
As a resource to the global green building design and construction community, Green-Buildings.com offers insight and information on sustainable construction materials and products for the built environment.
Whether you are pursuing LEED® certification, or are simply interested in providing more information for your clients about the applicability of your products to green building projects, you can trust our Approved Product Reports to educate your customers.
A Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Report provides your customers with easy to understand, point-by-point summaries of the features and benefits of your environmentally friendly building products. Reports can also provide examples of real world applications of products.
To receive an Approved Product Report, and use of the Green-Buildings.com Approved seal, products must be approved by Green-Buildings.com AND be applicable to at least one, if not more, of the major LEED credit categories (below):
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy & Atmosphere
- Materials & Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
Apply for a Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Report today.
Products must meet our product criteria described below.
Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Criteria
Green-Buildings.com Approved products listed on Green-Buildings.com must contribute to a category or categories through demonstrable and/or measurable performance criteria.
Such performance criteria include, but may not be limited to:
- Designed for low or no impact to surrounding natural environment and/or habitats: Products that avoid, prevent or minimize new, incremental damage to natural habitats, or those that seek to improve existing environmental site conditions, can contribute to better green building performance.
- Designed to save energy and/or water: Green buildings are designed to be more energy and water efficient than conventional buildings. Products may contribute to greater operating efficiency in ways such as energy conservation and management, reducing heating and cooling loads, harnessing on or off site renewable energy, green power or more efficient use of fossil fuels, and through the efficient management and conservation of potable water.
- Designed with recycled, reused, bio-based or sustainably harvested content: Products that incorporate reused, recycled or bio-based content reduce the demand for virgin raw materials or long-cycle agricultural products. Indeed, products that contain recycled content not only save raw materials, but also save energy that would otherwise be embodied in the extraction and development of the raw materials for those products. LEED, specifically, encourages the use of building materials with pre-consumer or post-consumer recycled content. Products may also be comprised, either partially or in whole, of Certified Wood through the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Designed with no and/or low toxicity or emissions: Natural building products, such as reclaimed wood, rapidly renewable materials, bio-based materials, mineral or plant products can reduce building occupant exposure to harmful chemicals. Some products may be synthetic, but preferable to riskier alternatives when evaluated according to their chemical composition and/or level of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or other emissions.
- Designed to improve environmental quality: Because we spend over 90% of our time indoors, our indoor environment should be a safe place to live and work. Green building products used indoors should not only be low emitting, but our indoor air should be fresh, conditioned and controllable. Human health is also impacted by thermal comfort, exposure to natural light and protection from excess noise. Building products that contribute to improved indoor environmental quality and promote the health and productivity of building occupants may be considered beneficial to green building design.
Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Reports Include:
Each Green-Buildings.com Approved Product Report includes the following:
- Executive Summary
- List of manufacturer’s products reviewed and approved
- List of characteristics and benefits applicable to green building rating systems, such as LEED®
- Descriptions of each application and use for high performance buildings
- Credits that may be earned in relevant rating systems (such as LEED 2009 or LEED v4)
- Table of estimated LEED credit contribution (points)
- Case Study (if applicable)
- Use of the Green-Buildings.com Approved Seal
- Online product listing on Green-Buildings.com
Green-Buildings.com independently reviews and evaluates each product that is submitted. Evaluation is free, however, approval is solely determined by Green-Buildings.com.
For a green building product or material to be included in our database it must meet minimum requirements and demonstrate quantifiable performance characteristics that may include, but not be limited to, third party environmental/green certification, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), Environmental Product Declaration (EPD), Manufacturers Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), successful implementation and prior use in certified green building projects, such as LEED certified buildings, and inclusion in third party listings services, such as GreenSpec.
You will receive a confirmation with your submission. Approval takes as little as 24 hours. Submit our contact form to submit your green building product to Green-Buildings.com.
Reports Starting at only $995.00
If approved, Green-Buildings.com Approved Reports may take up to 30 days to complete, depending on the timeliness of information requested by us and provided to us by the client.