California QPSWPPP Credentialing Program Overview
The 18.5-hour, Qualified Preparer of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (QPSWPPP) online credentialing program is comprised of six (6) courses and corresponding exams. The California QPSWPPP program educates individuals to prepare Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Construction Activity.
As a QPSWPPP, you will receive a dual credential as a QCIS, which qualifies you to inspect and maintain construction sites for stormwater compliance. This program covers the principles and practices of erosion and sediment control as well as the proper reporting and documentation requirements for ensuring compliance under the California Construction General Permit program.
This program has been reviewed and recognized by the EPA and is a Level 300 United States Green Build Council approved training.
- Regulatory Enforcement Inspectors
- SWPPP Preparers/Reviewers/Administrators
- Non-regulatory 3rd Party Inspectors
- Civil Consultants/Students
- Environmental Consultants/Students
- California Construction General Permit
- Erosion Control
- Sediment Control
- Pollution Prevention
- On-Site Construction Inspections
- Preparation of a Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Identify the components and framework of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Construction Activity
- Describe the proper installation and maintenance of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Identify the steps necessary to inspect a construction sites and determine possible causes of BMP ineffectiveness and how to correct them.
- Explain how to complete an inspection report and document corrective actions.
- Summarize the communication process necessary between owner, operators, contractors, and stormwater pollution prevention plan designer so the site stays in compliance throughout the construction project.
At the Completion of This Program You Will Receive
- 18.5 PDHs
- 2 – Embossed Wall Certificates (1-QCIS Certificate, 1-QPSWPPP Certificate)
- 2 – Wallet Cards (1-QCIS Card, 1-QPSWPPP Card)
- 2 – Hardhat Decals (1-QCIS Decal, 1-QPSWPPP Decal)
- Signed Congratulations Letter
- QCIS and QPSWPPP Logos for your Business Card and Website (Available on the Credential Validation Page)
- Resume’ Enhancer (Available on the Credential Validation Page)