Indiana Stormwater QCIS Certificate Program overview
The 14–hour, Qualified Compliance Inspector of Stormwater (QCIS) online certificate program is comprised of five (5) courses and corresponding exams. The Indiana Stormwater QCIS credentialing program educates individuals within the State of Indiana to properly inspect and maintain a construction site in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit program.
This program educates students on the principles and practices of erosion and sediment control, pollution prevention as well as the proper reporting and documentation requirements for ensuring compliance under the NPDES permit program.
This program has been reviewed and recognized by the EPA and is a Level 300 United States Green Build Council approved training.
- Regulatory Enforcement Inspectors
- Non-regulatory 3rd Party Inspectors
- Civil Consultants/Students
- Environmental Consultants/Students
- Introduction to the National Pollutant Dischage Elimination System
- Erosion Control
- Sediment Control
- Pollution Prevention
- On-Site Construction Inspections
- Identify the components and framework of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit program.
- Describe the proper installation and maintenance of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Identify the steps necessary to inspect construction sites and determine possible causes of BMP ineffectiveness and how to correct them.
- Explain how to complete an inspection report and document corrective actions.
- Summarize the communication process necessary between owner, operators, contractors, and stormwater pollution plan designer so the site stays in compliance throughout the construction project.
At the Completion of This Program You Will Receive
- 14 PDHs
- Embossed Wall Certificate
- Wallet Card
- Hardhat Decal
- Signed Congratulations Letter
- QCIS Logo for your Business Card and Website (Available on the Credential Validation Page)
- Resume Enhancer (Available on the Credential Validation Page)
- Program Length: 14 Hours
- PDH: 14
- Certificate Length: 2 Years
- Credits: 1.4